how do you get through to a hard headed 2 year old

harmonyzmom09

Asked by harmonyzmom09 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By applying the hand of knowledge to the seat of rebellion aka swatting him on his bare behind.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Be consistent in all you do. If you decide no cookies before dinner, it should stay that way. When you say no to a behavior and she does it anyway, be prepared to back your words up. Two year olds test the boundaries and its up to us as parents that they have clear, definable boundaries so that they stay safe and happy.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

*****************

Buttocks-battering isn't the answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Spanking teaches nothing at all, except fear. Talking in a clear, calm voice and time outs are a much nicer option.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• With my 2 year year old it is mostly just being consistent and following through. If I say no bike time outside if he doesn't clean up, then no bike time. I often have to listen to a huge fit of emotions, but usually after a couple times of this he will just clean up or do whatever I asked him to do!! Spanking never did work though, and when you really think about it, why would it??
    sweetpea8973

Answer by sweetpea8973 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I spank. If you dont, dont vote me.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 4:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Be firm in your speech and spank
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010