Nilla Wafer mini cheesecakes?

Has anyone made any sort of mini-cheesecake where instead of making crumbs (graham cracker or nilla or whatever) you just put a whole nilla wafer at the bottom of a mini muffin pan to make the crust of a mini cheesecake?

It sounds like it could work out, but I've never done it and don't have a recipe. Do you have a recipe? Have you done it? Any other super easy to make mini cheesecake recipes would be great as well!

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 1:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• 12 vanilla wafers
    3 oz. cream cheese
    12 oz. fat free cream cheese
    1/2 c sugar
    1/2 t vanilla
    2 eggs
    cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350, line muffin tins with cupcake liners, place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake paper.
    Mix cream cheese until smooth, add sugar and vanilla, mix well, add eggs and beat until smooth.
    Pour cheesecake mixture in the muffin tins, Bake 20 minutes, cool, refrigerate 2 hours
    Decorate cheesecake with cherry pie filling.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• when I make the cupcake size cheesecake I do use 1 whole nilla wafer in the bottom of the cupcake paper
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I make them all the time and they are delish!!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think it would be fun to try. I agree with using the liners to make cleanup easier though.

Use a cheesecake recipe you already like and make it in the little cups.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oh, and I prefer NOT to use the no-bake kinds of cheesecake recipes. I've yet to find a no-bake cheesecake option that I actually prefer over the bake kind.
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I actually do have that recipe, but I am not at home right now to look it up. I make them in cupcake papers which makes clean-up an absolute breeze. You bake them, let them cool and then you can top them with cherry pie filling or any other kind you like.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Just use a normal cheesecake recipe, I would use half a recipe to start with just in case though. 8 oz cream cheese, 1 egg, 1t vanilla, 1T flour, 1/2 c or so of sugar (I don't use regular sugar, so mine is done by taste). Bake at 325 until set. Watch very closely, they will probably bake really fast, and the ones around the outer edge will set faster than the ones on the inside.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• They're in the oven. We'll see how they turn out. Thanks!
    coder_chick

Comment by coder_chick (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I saw that recipe somewhere and it kind of grossed me out, I'm really not fond of no bake cheesecakes.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010