What do you do when you are so sick you can hardly stay awake?

I have either a really bad cold or the flu, or something, only one of my kids is displaying any other symptoms of being sick (runny nose is all)...anyway I feel sooo terrible, all I want to do is sleep, and have no one who can help me.

What do you all do when you are in this situation?

anikahaynes1

Asked by anikahaynes1 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Health

• Put the kids down for a nap and take one yourself - and after that, you just tough it out. I've had to do it many times. Drink lots of fluids, and make a light dinner of soup and crackers this evening. Feel better soon!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thera flu rocks and when you drink it, it will help with that as well. Even if its just a fifteen minute nap it can help hope you feel better soon.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thanks!!! :) My 4 year old wont nap if her life depended on it...I wish she would...but her and her sister share a room so quiet time doesnt work for her either, she keeps waking up her sister...more hassel than it is relaxing to try and enforce it... :( Thank you for your reply. Trying to get fulids down, i have all this mucus in my chest its horrible, and it hurts to drink water.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thanks! I didn't even think of theraflu...I told my husband yesterday before he left for the store to get dayquil and nyquil...he saw some nyquil sinus in the cupbord so decided I didn't need DAYQUIL and didn't get me any...besides the sinus kind doesn't help with the cough! :( uhg. lol..i'll have to try and must up some energy to take my 2 kids to the store to get some meds.
    anikahaynes1

Comment by anikahaynes1 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• go see my doctor.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Go to bed.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 2:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010