Do you and your DH agree on all controversial issues?

We agree on most, but not all. My DH is all for gun control and I am on the fence about it, but that is the only one we have a difference of opinion on. He gets a little upset if I don't 100% agree with him though.

So how about you? Can you civilly agree to disagree about controversial issues, or do you agree on all of them?

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• We agree on many.. But far from all.

We agree to disagree very civilly.. After 25 years of marriage, we know there are some issues we will most likely never agree on. And that's okay. We don't have to agree on everything.. Life would get boring over the years if we did.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, we do not agree on all issues for sure. I think that when you agree 100% of the time, you are like living robots to save a(n) arguement. I think that ppl should be entitled to their opinion. It is what makes us, us!
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 1:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No, we don't. He is more conservative than I am. But where our opinions differ, our respect for each other prevails.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• LOL, mostly. I only got involved with politics to have something to talk to him about, after we first started having problems several years back. Now, I'm more passionate about it than he is!

The only thing we really disagree about is welfare. I think it should be much stricter with many more safeguards against fraud, and he thinks it shouldn't exist at all. I like the safety net. So, if we ever get on that topic, it usually ends with him out in the yard sanding something and muttering under his breath.

Other than that, I've changed his mind in most everything.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There are a few things we dont agree on, but we talk it out --a lot! For the most part we've agreed to disagree on those things but it doesnt stop us from debating them now and then if the subject comes up.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 2:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We disagree strongly on the Bible and Church...

Politics, mostly the same not exactly.

Gay righs we are on mostly the same page...but homosexuality on a personal level we are not the same....but he has come a LONG way since I met him

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I want to discuss the issues, and he doesn't. So, no, we don't agree on politics.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• For the most part we agree on the controversial issues. Politics is not an interest of his, so we don't talk about it much.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 3:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We agree on most of the stuff. I'm a little less conservative than he is but we're on the same page so that's a big plus.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We have alot of the same views and I cant really think of one we have disagreed about.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010