Should I be bothered by this?

My boss works is a complelty different office from me, I see her maybe once a month, sometimes less. Well in the last couple of weeks I have been late a few times and she seems to always know. I'm not upset that she knows because I was trying to get away with it or anything, but it makes me feel like someone is spying on me and reporting back to her. It makes me uncomfortable. I am more than happy to take the responsibility for being late because I was, but I don't like that someone is reporting to her on me, it make me uncomfortable. Am I just being oversensitive, or is it out of line?

jillybean703

Asked by jillybean703 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• You might share with her what you've told us here - reassure her that you aren't trying to get away with anything and that you know you are being oversensitive, but that you would just like to know how she's getting word about it. Tell her it will help you to sleep at night.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Your being oversensitive. She's the boss. She sees all and knows all. She have access for when you clock in and when you clock out. So no you're not being spied on and no one is rating you out.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Cameras? My boss has a DVR that he can record up to days worth of tapes and play them back. she could be keeping track of your hours worked vs your hours claimed (paystub)....sooo IDK cameras tell all.....other wise I would think that maybe or assistant or someone close is telling her what she feels she needs to know! it is her business to manage all of that greatness! Just be careful!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There is no time clock that I clock into. I fill out my timecard at the end of the pay period and there is not camera that she could check on. The only way she would know is someone telling her. Dr.Donna I do kind of want to say something, but I'm supposed to say something to her when I'm late and everytime it happens she gets an email off to me before I get one sent to her, so I'm afraid it looks like I'm trying to get away with it. I've considered talking to her, but I don't know.
    jillybean703

Comment by jillybean703 (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010