potty training relapse

My daughter is almost 4. She has been potty trained for about 8 months. However she has had a relapse and now has on average 1 to 3 "accidents" a day. I am reluctant to call them accidents anymore. She is having them because she holds it becuase it "goes away" and I can't get her to understand that it will come back and that's where the "accidents" happen. Wetting the bed is also an issue but we want to nip the "accidents" in the butt first. We are currently doing the sticker chart. She gets a lollipop at the end of every week. It's our second week in and she had 5 accidents today. I don't know what to do. Telling her to go potty just frustrates everyone involved including her. Also she does not have accidents at school. What do I do?

kaylynsmom30

Asked by kaylynsmom30 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• since your already doing the sticker chart, im assuming the reward system worked for her. create a different reward system now. if she can go that whole day without any accidents then she can get a reward, a lollipop, or a book, (pick things up at the dollar store, their cheap but kids dont know that) maybe if she starts to see immediate reward it will help. its worth a shot
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:44 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• i feel that because she has already been introduced to the reward system and she knows that the only thing thats going to happen is shé wont get a lollipop then she doesnt care. It's fun at first but after a while they lose interest in those kind of things. Plus its only pribing her to use the potty. She needs to know that having accidents at home is something she cant get away with. She knows better because she dont have accidents at school. Therefore she needs to know that the same rule applies at home or any where else. Otherwise she's going to keep doing it and calling it an accident because she knows she'll get away with it.
    quinesha_87

Answer by quinesha_87 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 22, 2008