Does anyone feel like there out of control?

I have a two year and most of time I feel like I have less control...
Im trying to figure out some good disciplining techniques..help anyone?..

1blessedmommie.

Asked by 1blessedmommie. at 9:37 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't really have an answer, but I wanted you to know that your not alone. Good Luck!
    Overwhelmed28

Answer by Overwhelmed28 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• All I can tell you is to be consistent.... Make sure you follow thru in all your disciplines, no matter what method you chose.... You have to gain control now when they are still young.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:42 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my son is 14 months old and i can tell you i feel like that too... just stick to what you say your gonna do and eventually the phase will be over with... if you say one more time and its time out... then go through with it.... i never believed that discipline hurt my mom more then it did me untill i had my own but do give in!!! sometimes i feel soo horrible but when i see the result it makes it all worth it... good luck
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• oopppsss... do not give in*
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• This is a hard question. I have been searching for this answer for some time. I have asked my mom, read books, have logical talks with myself, I have even watched THE NANNY for some tips.

It's funny because my husband sits my 19month old son down next to him on the couch and makes him put his hands in his lap and our son cries.

I on the other hand spank his hands. This is usually done when he hits at me or throws something at me in anger.

But after the spanking today I got the same result as my husband gets.....he cries. I believe sitting my son down next to me as a "time-out" could be my answer. Find what works for you and your toddler that is effective.
    MS.TAI75

Answer by MS.TAI75 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I feel the same way. My daughter will be 2 thursday and sometimes se drives me up a wall i TRY SO HARD NOT TO BE MEAN TO HER cuz i cant stand for her to cry.
    I dont want her to grow up getting away with everything best thing to do is say what you mean and mean what you say.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• That age is tough, when my dd was 2 and she had a tantrum I would wisk her away under arm, her kicking and crying. I took her to the closest bathroom and would wash her off, I would'nt walk out that restrrom door until she cooled down. It worked for me.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY!!! My son think he's my parent and im his child. My daughter does everything he does. They think im supposed to bow down to them. I just keep in mind every time they act out...THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A TIME WHEN YOU NEED "MOMMY" TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU!!!! When he disobeys or hit others he loses a privilege. It makes him so mad. but i make them understand mommie isnt doing anything for either of you until you remember who the adult is and that mommie is in charge!!! He'll ask for milk and i'll sit and ignore him like i cant even see him. then he apologizes and tells me he loves me...I give in to that. but there are no second chances. The corner is his enemy and thats where he stands a second time around.
    quinesha_87

Answer by quinesha_87 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I will second the be consistent. The rules have to be the same day in and day out. If the child is not allow to touch something today make sure that he cant touch something tomorrow and which ever way you discipline today make sure its the same tomorrow. What I mean is this if baby is not allowed to climb on the chair and stand up today, make sure that he is not allowed to do it tomorrow even if he has the clown hat on and looks adorable doing it. But also if climbing up there today results in a time out sitting on the couch next to you then tomorrow no matter how busy you are make sure that that he has to sit in the couch next to you. Consistency is the key and that is how they learn. Tried and true through 6 children its always worked.
    grammie717

Answer by grammie717 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 22, 2008