i dont understand...please read and give advice if you can!

My daughter who is 2, has always slept through the night and woke up no earlier than 9 most days 10. She always woke up the most pleasant person too, talking or singing her ABC's. Since we have switched her to her big girl bed she now wakes through the night screaming like she is having night terrors, and wakes every morning crying! Another thing that has changed is we would do our night time things kiss her and close her door, she NEVER had a problem. Now if we even say we are gonna shut her door she freaks out! I dont know what has changed for her. any suggestions on how to get her back to her "normal" self? Nothing has changed in her life except being in a big bed v.s. her crib. Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 1:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I dont have much advice but my son starting REhaving sleep issues once he was put in a big boy bed also at 2. although he was never a great sleeper or woke happy, he now stopped sleeping through the night - that was at his 2nd birthday. He turns 3 in 2 months.. :( sorry. I have no advice but you aren't alone
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• adjusting to a big girl bed can be a BIG thing for some kids. does she have gaurdrails at all? those might help her feel more secure.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• She is starting to get scared of the dark. 2.5 years is when that started with my twins. The doctor said at their 3 year checkup that is about the time they start getting scared. Give her a night light or 2 and keep her door open. You can also get her a glow worm doll, then she has her own personal light if she gets scared.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• She does have 2 night lights one wasnt bright enough so we got an Arora princess one that is like a mini light. and she has a wall on one side of her bed and had a gaurdrail on the other but i took it off because he wouldnt stay on her mattress is too thick but she does just fine without it. I have to close her door in the AM because i babysit and the kids will wake her, but its weird because she can be dead to the world and if i shut her door within 5 mins she is up! Now if she wakes before 8 i make her lay back down for alittle because i know from her previous sleeping habits she needs more sleep, and she will as long as myself or my husband lay down with her and she will sleep then until 9ish and she wakes happier, i just dont understand her waking in the middle of the night or waking up screaming all the time?!
    babymaddy

Comment by babymaddy (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Night lights & door being left open souns like great advice! Love the Glow worm suggestion! We have a Moon In My Room that has a remote & takes batteries. It is a full moon, but remote changes the phases of it that are lit up! Also, Goodnight Moon is a nice bedtime story! Have her say goodnight to mom, dad, grand parents,aunts, uncles, cousins, pets, then things in the room & kiss her goodnight! Leave door cracked open so she knows you are still there!
    Homescoolmama

Answer by Homescoolmama at 2:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Leave the door open. She's afraid I'd being alone.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nightlite, leave the door open, and, if possible, buy those "slide" under rails for the bed. They're relatively cheap....about $20. She may be afraid of the dark and "missing" the "security" of the rails on her crib. Once she starts sleeping through the night, while she's asleep, take the rails off the bed. She'll start waking in the morning and seeing the rails gone. Eventually she'll realize she doesn't need the rails. Being afraid of the dark, however, may take a bit longer for her to overcome =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:55 AM on Sep. 28, 2010