how often do you replace your bath towels?

i wash mine at least once a week if not twice and even just getting them from the dryer they still stink like they were left in the washer over night, wet. I never let them sit. As soon as they are done washing i switch them over. I use Gain laundry and fabric softner and a clean sent color safe bleach. I have tried to wash with and without the bleach and it doesnt make a difference. So i was wondering how often you buy new towels and throw your old ones away? is there a "they say" on that?

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 1:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Once a week but if they start to stink or if they get soaked I wash them sooner.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i wash mine after every shower.... but only because i dry off, then i lay it on the floor to step out. lol. i have a bath mat, but i hate the way it feels when my feet are wet. HA!
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• just re-read the question. heh. i don't replace mine until the don't work anymore. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• after every shower, i don't use the same towel all week
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I dont mean how often do you wash them, i mean how often do you buy new ones?
    babymaddy

Comment by babymaddy (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• OH I buy new one's when they start to fall apart. I have bath towels from 7 years ago and they are still in great shape
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When they turn into rags.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 2:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When they start unraveling or get cardboardy. About that smell—is it possible your washer may be to blame? I seriously doubt that they would come out of the washer smelling mildewy otherwise.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i thought it was my washer too, but it doesnt do it to my clothes just my towels! So im not sure!!! but we have a new front loader and it did it before we got that, and now that we have this one. and i have tried to run just hot water and bleach through it to clean it and the tide cleaning stuff! i dont know what else to do!
    babymaddy

Comment by babymaddy (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I replace when they start getting holes or are wearing thin. I will cut old towels up and make rags for washing the car, dusting,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010