If you are sick, does your SO help out around the house while you rest or are you still expected to do everything?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 1:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• My dh will take care of everything when I am sick. However, he helps me on a daily basis, so it's just normal for us.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No one helps me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If I'm sick. Even if it is just the flu or a cold. My husband takes care of everything, and does nothing but pamper and baby me (to the point of annoyance at times... lol).. He takes time off from work, and he does everything and anything for me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When he can. He woks so much I'm pretty mush on my own but when he's home he's great and lets me sleep all day and takes care of me and the kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• he takes care of everything
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He helps when he can. He can rarely take off work though, but I understand that. I actually have the flu now. I still get up with the kids, do meals during the day and chores. As well as teach, then he will take over when he gets home and I am hitting the Night Quil, and going to bed!! lol
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 1:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I still do everything, unless Im sick to the point where I couldnt get out of bed even if I wanted to.. Then I will call a family member to come over and help out (like my sister).. Because he doesnt like to take my son to work, even though he could if he wanted, but he doesnt like having to "chase him around all day"
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If I am really bad off, he'll help, but for the most part, I take care of it all myself. Guess that's why I take longer to get better because I don't rest like I should when I'm sick. DH on the other hand is a complete wuss when he's sick.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Hmmm, if I'm sick, I either still have to take the munchkin to daycare so I can rest and only miss a little bit of work, or keep her and snuggle and watch movies while mommy gets better. Either way, I still pretty much do everything!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I usually still do everything. Unless I am totally down and out.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 1:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010