How can I get my -almost- 3 year old to sleep at night?

She is a go-go-go kind of kid non-stop all day long, she still naps in the afternoon but it's only about 1 - 1 1/2 hours now. She gets the odd night terror, but no pattern to them. She just got tubes put into her ears last week, and still she doesn't sleep all night!!
Any ideas? she wants to get up and play, and when I scold her she gets crying cause she's so tired and can't handle being told NO. ugh.

nlelias

Asked by nlelias at 1:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Cut out the nap and bedtime will get easier. My girls were tough at bedtime at about 2.5 years, I cut out nap and life has been much easier. If you have to play with her and entertain her a little in the afternoon so she doesn't sleep do it. If she doesn't have a night light in her room get her one.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 1:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Benedyrl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If she's having a hard time falling asleep, I agree about eliminating the nap. But the question reads more like she's waking up at night?
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Cut out the nap, full tummy, warm lavender bath, comfy pjs. My 2 and 3 yr old no longer take maps. They sleep all night
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Stop any napping and make sure she gets some time outside, fresh air really tires my boys out.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 10:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• sotp or reduce the nap. it happened to my daugther too, she will be cranky at the beggining but it sure works and also she will go to sleep earlier too.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:17 PM on Sep. 28, 2010