cloth diapering a toddler?

Currently, my 2 year old wears sposies, but they are the Safeway trainers....He is soooo difficult to change laying down, so I use pullups to just pull off, do a quick wipe and pull on a new one.
I am currently cloth diapering my 4 month old for about 2 months now.
I want to switch to cloth diapering my 2 yo, but he is a big boy and a heavy wetter and all the trainer pants I've seen on hyena cart aren't made of very absorbent fabrics...they are really for made "training."
So...what do you suggest...can I put in a liner in the trainer pants? I'm very lost with all of this CDing stuff still.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use the "potty patty" plastic pants on my 2 year old, with a regular cloth flat or prefold underneath. She very rarely wets through her pants.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 2:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If changing is such a chore, why not try going diaper free and ECing?

For over night, you can get toddler pants and line them with one of your little baby's prefold for extra absorbency. Check out jillians drawers website for the goods. They have great return policy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I use Thirsty Covers (you can get lost looking for covers. They are not absorbent at all... I put regular tri fold diapers inside and they are GREAT!!! My son is 2 1/2 months old, not 2 like yours but he is a heavy wetter and I have no problems. With my daughter we used huggies and she continually had blow outs that were really really messy.... I haven't had that issue at all! The Thirsty covers keep it all in
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010