when will my infent sleep through the night?

I know every child is different but i have a 7 week old and he wakes up every hour to every hour and a half sometimes i cant even set him down he will fall asleep in my arms when i go to lay him down he starts screaming sometimes it is even every half hour

JackieQ26

Asked by JackieQ26 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you looked into reflux issues?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Almost all children are sleeping through the night by age 3.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Have you tried baby wearing? I know it sounds silly but if you keep your baby close to you they cry less. My son is 10 weeks old and he is so much calmer if I have him in a sling. I have a Baby Ktan that I love... there are several different kinds of carriers you can get.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 2:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My children are 3 & 4 and they have yet to sleep through the night. My sister was 17 before she was able to sleep through the night - although at that point it wasn't like she was waking our mom... Some children simply are easier to wake than others. It's hard in the beginning, but you will all learn to cope in time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no i have not tried s sling i will look in to getting one. no i have not what reflux? just ask his pet.
    JackieQ26

Comment by JackieQ26 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would also get a sling. Or you could try swaddling.
    mommyof2grls06

Answer by mommyof2grls06 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You are right, every baby is different. I wouldn't expect a 7 week old to sleep through the night anytime soon. Tell me about his diet, his "eating habits", where he sleeps, some general information about your lives and what you do, believe it or not, this can be useful in figuring out if something is wrong, (colic, reflux, or just a generally fussy kid)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Wow---my babies were sleeping all night in their cribs by three or four months!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My guy is 8 weeks tomrorow and he is not even close to sleeping through the night. The longest I've ever gotten out of him in a single night was 5 hours. It's usually around 3 hours though give or take. I would be happy with two 4 hour stretches by the time I have to go back to work...
    Laurelflower

Answer by Laurelflower at 7:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• fortunatley she has slept thru the night since 1 1/2 months
    cdesersa

Answer by cdesersa at 7:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010