Do you have house plants?

I have two and although they are still alive, they are not looking so hot!! I would like to have more, but must not know the right ones to buy for indoor, low light and obviously I don't know how to take care of them properly!! Any suggestions?

jekrmom

Asked by jekrmom at 2:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Sorry... I have many talents, but a green thumb is not one of them. I kill all of my house plants too :(
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You have to find the right plant for the right light you have in that room window. You need to know what type of water it likes too. I water most of my plans at least once a week really good.

Answer by louise2 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I only like outdoor plants. I can't be bothered with houseplants.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nope only cacti. My Cat will anything with leavesincluding silk plants - then yak up green leaf mess everywhere - just easier not to have them!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 2:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Not in about five years.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have one african violet that is doing OK. And I have some artificial plants that are on a balcony and look great because no one can see them up close and recognize they are fake!!

You might try a Pothos. It can live nicely in low light conditions (prefers it actually) and doesn't need tons of water. Google Pothos and you'll see tons of pics. You'll recognize it probably. GL

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have several indoor plants I love plants inside and out I have some from when my grandmother died in 1995 and an african Viollet from when my MIL died 4 years ago
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have a Pothos vine in my daughter's room. I bought it in May and it's still doing fairly well. I hardly ever water it, either. Maybe once a week or once every other week. Supposedly Mother In Law's Tongue does really well.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Bamboo is great. It doesn't need a lot of light or water and is very difficult to kill. It is also good luck!
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2010