Painful gas

My 3 week old has been waking up crying and passing gas. Is there anything I can do to help stop him from getting such bad and obviously painful gas? He has a half formula, half breast milk diet, gets thoroughly burped during and after feedings. I've been doing all I can to keep gas causing foods out of my diet, but it hasn't seemed to help. Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• gas drops.. he's old enough.. it wont hurt him..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When he's uncomfortable, laying him on his back and gently moving his legs in them motion as if he were riding a bike. That can help work the gas out.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 2:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Give him some gas drops before you feed him that helped my son, also if it gets really bad and this may sound weird but trust me it works, dip his pacifier, if he uses one, in sprite and let him suck on it. It won't hurt him any, I used to do that with my kids when they were little and it really does help. And the laying him on his back and moving his legs trick works too. My son had really bad gas when he was a baby so I know what you're going through right now.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You can use infant gas relief drops. I don't know your situation, and why you are supplementing formula, but if you can, you might want to try full breastmilk, and drop the formula to see if that helps. Lay him on his back and do the bicycle movement with his legs, that helps move the gas bubbles around and can relieve the gas pains.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010