Do you tell your children...

made up stories or ones that you read from a book?
Maybe both?
My mother when we were very young would read to us and tell us made up stories and ask us to input what the story was about. Have you, do you or maybe your mother done this?

Just wondering :)

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 2:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do both. I tell stories to my kids, and they are the main character. I'll tell my son stories about Riley and how he saved the kids and Batman came and helped him and asked him to be his new Robin, things like that, he LOVES them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Both, but I'm not too good at making them up. If I do, it's usually about something my son did that day, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Nope, i was deprived as a child! LOL i didnt get that stuff. so i make sure my daughter does! She is only 2 so we just read her books right now. I have told her the story of how her daddy and i met and our life until she came along and she is so funny she sits there and says "yeah" after every sentence like she is really taking it all in! LOL
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I read to them from books.. My SO reads from his very creative mind! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We do both. If it's made up it's usually interactive...I start it and let the kids help with the details as we go along. Sometimes the stories don't make any sense by the time we get to the end, but the kids don't care.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Right now I just read to her, since she is only 13 months, later on though I will put my imagination and hers to the test and tell her make believe stories :)
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• lol I wish that I was better then I could make millions like the Harry Potter lady LOL :)
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We play fill in the blank. I will start a story "the handsome night faught off the ugly ogres with a _______".....last night he said purple fish...that was interesting to fit into the story.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010