for those who have more than one baby daddy

i had my first child six years ago and got married to his father. cut to present time, i started dating a very nice guy who really wanted kids but didn't think he could have children... which is due at the end of the week... were the pregnancies any more different than if it was from the same father? did you feel "weird" about having another guy's kid? i know my experience has been incredibly weird. we didnt plan anything but my SO is incredibly kind and a great step father to my son. he's really excited to be a dad to a child of his own. anyone have any insights on this?

mrsmostafa

Asked by mrsmostafa at 2:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was with my first boyfriend for 8 years.. had two beautiful daughters.. ♥
    I have been with my current SO for about a year.. about to have our daughter..♥
    It's all a blessing to me..♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• What we call people can be an issue. Usually baby daddy is someone you aren't married to. Since you married your oldest child's father he isn't a baby daddy. You aren't married to this baby's daddy so he isn't a step-father. You child should refer to him as your boy friend. If you got divorced from the first guy and married the second guy then it wouldn't be weird at all. Most babies are now born to parents that aren't married so it's not that weird as long as you got divorced from the first guy. I think baby's father sounds so much classier.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• as long as your all happy, does it really matter? i wish you all the best :)
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 2:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• wow, gailll! i was just interjecting some humor into the situation... and my SO is much more of a step father to my son than his dad ever was a "father" however, he calls him by his first name so we should still be with in the rules ;)
    mrsmostafa

Comment by mrsmostafa (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Gail, are you seriously trying to tell her what people in HER family should call each other???
    ChrissyInOregon

Answer by ChrissyInOregon at 2:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Gaillll's pretty lame girls!! lmao
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• haha i agreeeee. i believe as long as you and your children are happy then the rest really doesnt matter. i wish you all the best also :)
    aliciamarie1012

Answer by aliciamarie1012 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my daughters (sperm donor) was a complete waste of a human being, and i am now married to an amazing daddy to my little girl and we are expecting our 1st child together (his 1st biological) and i dont feel weird at all.. i do sometimes worry about the way they (his family and him) will treat my daughter when our son is here because its their 1st biological child for him and grandchild from their children.. i love the fact that we are expanding our family, thats the only thing that worries me though(if she will be treated any different after he is born bc they have made a few comments about their 1st) which if she heard would hurt her feelings..
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010