How can I find friends for my son?

I have recently relocated to the Sacramento area, and am unsure as to how to go about finding friends for my 14 yo aspie. He won't do it on his own. Where can I begin to find kids with similar interests/personalities - and maybe moms who are dealing with the same issues I am?

Cheryl31955

Asked by Cheryl31955 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• Have you tried joining some clubs like cub scouts, karate, base ball..whatever his interests are. He will find friends with his same hobbies. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Is your family interested in church? Most church organizations offer great programs for children of all ages to interact in a stable and safe environment, and they offer a variety of fun activities for children as well. You don't have to be a member of the church in order for your children to go, and it's free. Try an internet search engine in your town for some ideas; also, vacation bible school should be coming up soon. Good Luck!
    snowmom24

Answer by snowmom24 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• sports
    drgroves

Answer by drgroves at 6:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2008