How do you feel about women being ordained?

Alta Jacko is the mother of eight children. She is also an ordained priest in the Roman Catholic Church. Jacko, 81, who earned her master's degree in pastoral studies from Loyola University, a Jesuit Catholic school, says that being a priest is what she was called to do.

Officially, of course, the Catholic Church's canon law 1024 says that only baptized men can receive holy orders. But there is a movement against the no-women rule, one that began eight years ago when a cluster of renegade male clerics (including a European bishop whose identity the female priests won't reveal in order not to risk his excommunication) ordained the first women. Now, in Jacko's hometown of Chicago, three women have entered into the priesthood

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I am a member of the Episcopal church. We have always had women priests.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• How sad that there are women who still falter to the idea that they are "less than".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When Jesus walked out of the tomb/cave, he first saw women and said to them " Go Tell"

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark%2016:1-11&version=KJV

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well, I'm not Christian, I am however an Ordained Minister... So I guess that says it all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well I say Why not? If some women feel the calling to be a Minister, Pastor, Father, clergy person they should be allowed to follow their dream and do it! My hubs (female) cousin is studying to be a Minster/Pastor in the Lutheran Church- I think she will make a fantastic Minister!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Who said women are "less than?" They simply have a different role than men.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• As a former Catholic and a Priestess of the Goddess I say IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think Jesus would have been fine with it, and I listen to Jesus' words over Paul's...

Charmom2

Answer by Charmom2 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I was raised baptist, and it completely goes against my political views of women being equal, but I wouldn't attend a service performed by a woman. It's obviously kind of muddled in my head, but proof for me that some beliefs you were raised with can't be compromised on. Mind you, I'm of the belief that any woman who feels she's just as good as a man, if not better than some, is a feminist.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm not religious, but I think it's fine. It shouldn't be exclusive to one gender IMO.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010