Should the appeals court ban stem cell research?

WASHINGTON – The Obama administration pleaded with an appeals court Monday to overturn a judge's order halting federal funding of stem cell research, arguing the ban would irreparably harm scientific progress toward potentially lifesaving medical treatment.

A three-judge panel of the Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia is considering whether to throw out a lower court judge's ban on President Barack Obama's rules for federal funding of human embryonic stem cell research.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I 100% support federal funded stem cell research. This is one of the many reasons I voted for Obama.

Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Should the appeals court ban stem cell research?

~They aren't banning the research. Just government funding for research. Invetro managed successful research without gov't funding. Big difference in you question and what is actually happening. I don't think our gov't needs to be spending on this given the current stats of our economy.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Government should should stay out of the research!!!

This should be paid by the people who thinks it may work. Our taxes should not be used for this.

No proof yet that is works. (embryo's)

They have had better results with adult sells.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I personally believe they should ban embryonic stem cell research for ethical reasons above all else, I have no issue with adult stem cell research. However, I agree with grlylrlz2, our economy is in to bad of shape to fund a lemonade stand. I would rather the money go to adult stem cell research than a lot of other things the govt is spending it on right now, but I don't get to disperse the $, only vote:}

BandME

Answer by BandME at 2:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• http://ohsr.od.nih.gov/guidelines/nuremberg.html

http://ohsr.od.nih.gov/guidelines/nuremberg.html

some more reading for you sweet, in your copious amounts of spare time.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Legal Health Care Administration is my specialty Sweet, just an FYI for future reference.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• http://ohsr.od.nih.gov/guidelines/helsinki.html

ooops entered the nuremberg code twice, here is the helsinki declaration

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• PeePee in the bologna sandwich today, or are you just highly pissed off AGAIN?? ROFLMAO
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 4:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I personally believe they should ban embryonic stem cell research for ethical reasons above all else,

Every year, THOUSANDS of embrio's are destroyed because the parents either ran out of money or decided they had enough children....

That is another question in itself, I have beliefs what should/could be done with them, but this question was about banning the research, or the funding of it.

BandME

Answer by BandME at 5:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

•  If your loved one was sick with something this could cure you would all be singing a different tune.  

Not really sure how you can presume to know the health of my loved ones or myself. Your idea of progress happens to intertwine with my idea of murder, insinuating that my belief somehow makes me prejuidice to the plight of the sick is close-minded on your part.  My personal belief is that the ends do not justify the means, regardless of who is sick, I do not believe in sacrificing the innocent. 

BandME

Answer by BandME at 5:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010