i am 35 weeks prego, adn am having braxtons hicks, and am so tired and exsausted. If i have the baby in the next week or so, will it b ok?

mrsgreene

Asked by mrsgreene at 9:46 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was born at 35 weeks and 4 days. She was perfectly fine! :) Good luck with your delivery!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:47 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• yes odds are the baby will be fine but soemtimes ... sometimes now .. babies can have breatheing problems because full term isnt til 37 .. but im sure youll be alright good luck honey
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I had my son at 35 weeks. He had trouble breathing and had to be hosptialized for 12 days. He is now a perfectly healthy, happy 10 month old.
    danielle8717

Answer by danielle8717 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• my son was born right at 35wks he was in the nicu for 2wks he couldnt breath on his own. he is 2 1/2 now and he is a normal 2yr old boy.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Prior to 38 weeks there is a chance of the babies lungs being underdeveloped...but, I wouldn't worry too much--BH contrations aren't necessairly an indication that you will go into labor soon. I've been having them for the past 6 weeks...and I'm at 40+3 right now.

So if you think you are tired now, add another 5 weeks to that, and see how you feel...lol!!
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• mine was born at 36 weeks. his lungs were underdeveloped and had to stay in the hospital for 11 days. he is perfectly fine now! GL :)
    Anonymous

• My daughter was born at 36 weeks and actually had all of the signs of a full term baby. My hairdresser had her daughter at 35 weeks and was also very healthy! GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Braxton Hicks don't mean labor is coming soon though. Many women feel them early on as well. They are just practice contractions getting your uterus in shape for the real deal! I had them through my other two pregnancies and sometimes they were really decently painful -- this pregnancy I already have them at 25 weeks. Meh. To make them lighten up - drink water, take it easy, lay on your left side. Dehydration has been linked to cramping/contractions.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:02 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I started having BH with my daughter around 34 weeks.. yeah I ended up having to be induced and have her at 42! Don't worry too much about it. Im sure your baby will be just fine.
    Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I too had my son at 35 weeks and he was on oxygen for 1 day and in the hospital for 12 days. It's nothing that I would ever choose or wish for again but he's perfectly healthy now. Also, you might have problems if you're wanting to bf. My poor little baby didn't know how to "suck" yet and was also on a feeding tube and by the time he did figure out how to eat it was from a bottle so BFing was out of the question.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:01 PM on Oct. 21, 2008