what to do??

ever since i changed my baby's schedule and started giving her as much babyfood as WIC suggested, i cant get her to finish a bottle anymore! she was drinking 6 ozs, about 24 ounces a day. they told me i need to feed her 3 jars of food per DAY and cereal and cut back on her formula. she woke up at 7 this morning and both bottles she only drank 4 ozs! she's due to eat soon but she probably wont finish that one either. she is only 8 months. should i just go back to the schedule i had her on, a half jar of fruit, half jar of veggies, and cereal per day with her formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that you should do what makes you feel most comfortable. I have never followed the "rules" to raising a chgild or infant. According to them my one year old is over weight..... but he is lean...... only thing about him is he is as big as a three year old almost. That is why they are saying he is overweight.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i dont see the problem with the schedule you had her on... but as long as she's still getting some formula it won't hurt her..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• At this age she doesn't NEED anything besides breast milk/formula.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• dont let WIC tell you how much to feed your baby. let HER guide you. formula is pretty important stuff. that should come first THEN the solids in my opinion at her stage of devlopement. i would also call your family dr and see if you can meet with him or her or meet with a nutritionist . wic loves to freak parents out and make you feel like you are not feeding yoruchild enough etc etc. dont worry about THEM. get the info from a better source.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would give her formula before the solids... Solids should only be given in addition to formula, not in place of it.
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 2:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would do what you think is best. All babies are not the same and might not fit the WIC standards. Try slowly increasing the food. Formula is still very important at this age so make sure your little one is getting enough. Dont force to much food. Go with your gut....YOU are the mom!

crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would give her her bottles then some food a little after a bottle, and just give her as much as she'll eat, however many times a day that your both ahppy with. But she's getting the nutrients from the formula so that's what she needs most of
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• How many ounces per day is she drinking? Ask your ped if that is enough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Babies from 6-12 need 32 oz of formula for brain growth. That's the most important thing.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Every baby is different. WIC follows a suggested guideline. Do what you feel is best for your child. Don't let our government tell you different. Mom knows best.
    caromarie

Answer by caromarie at 2:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010