For anyone who has had an IUD removed before it was "due" and has insurance..

Did your dr. office charge you just your co-payment or did you have to pay an additional fee to have the IUD removed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• They just charged me a co-pay, which is minimal, for the office visit. Thank GOD I got that thing out!! Had nothing but problems. But each clinic may have their own policies.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I had my marina taken out when I still had insurance and then 6 months later I was prego. That is when the dr office told me I had a charge of 120.00 to pay for taking the IUD out. I was surprise so each office visit I told them all I could pay is 20 after 4 vists they told me paperwork was messed up and I only had to pay 10 more. I just paid it but I still do not think any of the whole situation was right so I would urge to investigate.
    mom2b4u

Answer by mom2b4u at 11:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010