what did you do?

ok ladies im asking a very touchy question...how many mothers out there smoked while pregnant? how many did drugs? how many drank? how many took over the counter medication? how many women followed EVERY single "rule" for pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wish that i could say that i quit smoking but i have not yet at 21 weeks. i am struggling a lot. i did not quit with my first because i had severe weight loss r/t stress and the md actually ok'd a few a day. i have cut back this time but know that i need to do more. my son was born completely healthy but that does not mean that i expect things to be fine this time, too. any suggestions are welcome.
    Abbie326

Answer by Abbie326 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i didnt do any of those things plus i limited caffine. I had to quit smoking. After the preg. test I didnt have even one more cig. At the time I was smoking a pack a day. NO drugs, no more drinking. I took vitamins and did everything I could think of to keep my baby safe. Cant control everything but those things were in my control so I did it. It wasnt easy but its only 9 months.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I dont smoke so I didnt while pregnant, I didnt drink and I was lucky enough to only get morning sickness so I didnt need any medication from the doctor for any other type of cold or flu! I guess you could say I followed most "rules" about pregnancy :]
    KrazyKutie

Answer by KrazyKutie at 2:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• no smoking, no drinking, no oc meds..I think I followed the rules, unless there is a new one and they tend to pop up constantly. I did forget to take my vitamin more often then I would like to admit, but healthy babies and easy births!
    DoveMomma

Answer by DoveMomma at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I took benedryl 2 x. I felt guilty, but I had terrible allergies! I never smoked or drank.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I even followed the rules for before you get pregnant. The rules aren't hard.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i smoked & a glass of wine nightly in third trimester took oc meds (dr approved)i didnt do any drugs or drink any other alcohol..i have never followed "the rules" of pregnancy i believe no matter how safe or unsafe you are you are given what the good Lord wants you to have when i was preggers with my first child i heard the best thing ever God does only give you what you can handle & if he wants you to be a care giver to one of his "special" angels no matter if your healthy or unhealthy you get what the LORD wants you to get....
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i had to take asthma/allergy meds but other then that i followed everything. no caffien, never smoked, no drinking, never done drugs, ive always exercised at lease 30 minutes a day and i kept that up even while pregnant, took those damn vitamins even though they constipated me for my whole 40 weeks! uggg lol
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I followed all the recommendations, yes.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I cut way back on my smoking while pregnant because the smell made me nauseous but I didn't quit completely. I went to a wedding and had a few cocktails before I found out I was pregnant. I drank sodas with caffeine. I ate fast food. I took oc meds (dr approved). No drugs. My son was healthy. I was the one that paid the price thank god...I ended up with congestive heart failure 3 days after his birth because of a kidney infection that caused me to retain lots of water which ended up around my heart. I followed the rules as best as I knew...my dr didn't tell me to stay away from caffeine or fast food which I should have known, but I was young and dumb. Thank god he was healthy!
    travzmom

Answer by travzmom at 12:07 AM on Sep. 28, 2010