Can't seem to figure it out!

My husband makes awesome money and our vehicals are payed off, we have know credit cards, so why can't we save money? Give me suggestions, I need help! We are tired of living paycheck to paycheck!

mcme

Asked by mcme at 2:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Add all your bills up and put money aside for them each paycheck...Then with the extra money put some in a savings account or if he gets direct deposit he can have 100 or however much you can spare put in a savings account before you see it so you don't think about it.

I try to save as much as I can because we have no savings anymore. Lost it when I lost my job. I'm actually taking a part time job at a crappy place to open a savings incase a car breaks or something.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm really good with money but its hard for me to explain sorry. I plan my budget 6 months ahead and if things change i redo it. I love making budgets for people.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 2:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Get a peace of paper and write down all your bills, including food and gas for cars. That is what I do every month. so I know what I am spending. then deside before you spend any other money how much you will save out of the paycheck.

Answer by louise2 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Same here! Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i agree with lousie, thats wat i do. i add up how much i make each paycheack and then add all the bills up and see wats left. so if i want to save, i then decide how much i want to put to the side to save and then the rest goes on if i want to go out to eat or buy myself new cloths. when i really want to save i try to find the cheaper supermarkets to buy food in and only buy the cheapest cuts and make things like stew, that i can make alot of and have it for more than one day that week, it can be borring but if you really want to save you have to decide what you really neaad and what you just want, wants go out the window when you want to save.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 2:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes, do a budget and see where you can save. It is an eye opener when you actually write down everything you spend money on. You need to live a little below your means to be able to save.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home to make extra money? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010