WhEn DiD YoUr BaBy RoLl OvEr?

My daughter is 41/2mo old & hasnt rolled over yet. From what I've been reading & according to her dr, she is on track developmentally but it seems like all my friends who have babies her age are rolling over & I want Dakota to do it too! Maybe Im just wanting to keep up w/everyone & yes I know her development isnt a race (every baby is different) but I still cant help but wonder why? When she is on her belly, she puts her arms & legs out like she is surfing instead of tucking underneath? I guess Im loking for some encouragement from other moms that my baby is normal... and if anyone has been thru this, some ways to encourage her to roll over. ThAnKs!!!

mommyw2010

Asked by mommyw2010 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i cAnT REmEmbeR. I tHiNK it WaS 3 oR 4 mOnTHs.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Be patient mama, all babies are different.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• lol i felt the same way you did it took my daughter a week after she turned 5 months to roll over and just 2 weeks ago started standing and she is 10 months and has even tried really walking while all my friends whith babies near her age they have. babies will do things on thier own time. lol i used to call the arms and legs things out her being a flying machine/ thats good that shes dooing it it will really happen more quickly than you can imagine so enjoy it before she starts getting into everything like mine is. she sounds just fine if shes getting plenty of floor time she will figure it out on her own time. :)
    Charisma88

Answer by Charisma88 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• thx "thatgirl70" i appreciate the encouragement! my mom made a good point today that i never thought about...... my daughter was born 2 weeks early & my mom was like "have you ever stopped to think that b/c she wasnt 40weeks (altho 38wk is full term) that is the reason she hasnt gotten the hang of it yet?" my answer: NO!!
    mommyw2010

Comment by mommyw2010 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• thx charisma..... im glad im not the only worrisome mommy!!
    mommyw2010

Comment by mommyw2010 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Your baby is normal :) If I'm remembering correctly, my kids rolled over around 5-6 months. Relax mama! I'd bet your baby is doing some things that your friends babies aren't doing yet too.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• WhY Do YoU TyPe ThAt WaY ?
    I can't remember.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• haha i overly worried when until about 5 months old when my daughter started crawling and things settled down a bit for me realising she is her own person and will do things her way/ just enjoy watching all the milestones/ Rght now i get to enjoy wathing her try to go from one thing to another while standing and ending up falling on her but really hard/ oh and anotherthign i did with my daughter is getr her fav toys and put them ourt of arms reach when shes on her tummy my daughter was determined to get to it so she started rolling to things and army crawling pretty quick jsut an idea
    Charisma88

Answer by Charisma88 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• NEVER compare babies. That way lies madness!

Sometimes I think it's a good idea for new moms to disassociate themselves from moms with babies the same age... no competition!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• They only count the weeks they were early if they are 37 weeks or less. I think the average age is 5 months. My son was rolling well by 3 months. Dont worry mama, they all do it in thier own time!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 10:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010