To many girlfriends?

Is 5 girlfriends too many to have in 2 1/2 years? My son seems to have had to many girlfriends in the past 2 1/2 years. What do you think? He's not allowed to go out, he's only 13 (almost 14)!

mcme

Asked by mcme at 2:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Hes still young.. its probably not even serious yet.. Junior high is time to play.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Are 5 TOO many? It just depends on how serious they are. If they are just having fun and not having sex....heaven forbid....then it really doesn't matter. He's just a kid.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He's young. at that age most kids only last in a relationship a short time.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Hell no it's not to many unless he's sleeping with them all. He's young he needs to explore and find out what and who his looking for.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• He's so young, I wouldn't worry about it right now.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 3:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Kids have a lot of what they call girlfriends at that age.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sometimes a girlfriend at lunch turns into an ex by the end of the day at this age. I wouldn't worry too much unless he is engaging in risky behavior.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My son has gone through a lot of girlfriends in just a year, he's 12. At this age its just something that all the kids do, like one kid is doing it so you have to have a gf. Or in my son's case one friend has a girlfriend, she has a friend that wants a boyfriend so my son decides to play bf for awhile. The other thing I've found that happens, is the girls harrass the boys to the point they just give in and say okay I'll be your bf.
    Typically its all short lived (which is why there are so many). My 12 yr sticks to the same "gf" for about 4 weeks then moves on. They grow out of it (at least that's been my experience) my older son hasn't had a gf since 5th grade and is just now at 16 taking a girl to homecoming.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• It's normal. At this age, the kids don't really seem to be able to keep the same significant other for more than about 2 or 3 months. I would say that as long as your son is not having sex I wouldn't worry about it.
    russianitk

Answer by russianitk at 9:27 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• what does he consider girlfriends though? They do what? hold hands, maybe a quick kiss?

So long as he isn't sexually active with these girls I don't see it as an issue.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Sep. 29, 2010