Has anyone out there ever had a child who has had febrile seizures?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Health

• My dd had one once she was 2. She was starting to get sick with the flu and she got a fever so fast and it was so high that she had a siezure. It was so scary, I called the ambulance and her fever started going down and she was fine. I brought her into the doctor and everything checked out fine. She is 3 know and has not had any others.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• My daughter had her first one at exactly ten months old. When the ambulance got her to the hospital her fever was 107, they said it would have killed an adult. Diagnosed as fibreal seizures that she would grow out of. They ran every test imaginable and could not find nothing wrong with her. I say up until she was about 4 she had 5 or 6 more episodes. I was paranoid and would stick her in a cool bath and give her popsicles whenever she would have a temp over 99.
    There is really nothing they say you can do about the fibreal (however you spell it) seizures, you just have to wait that they outgrow it. But on a lighter note she is 16, gets good grades and has no known side effects from them. I was paranoid when I had another baby that it would happen again - but had three more with no siezure problems.
    janie-o

Answer by janie-o at 11:50 PM on Oct. 21, 2008