If you eat chocolate you must not love your children!

How can someone tell me that because of something I choose to put in MY body that I am a bad parent and don't love my children. I did not smoke while pregnant, don't smoke around my children, but it doesn't matter because I'm doing something unhealthy so I must not give a damn about my kids. This just blows my mind.
So I guess this means that if you eat junk food and don't exercise you must not love your kids either right? Because that would be unhealthy.
Yes I smoke! I also eat fast food sometimes, and I have a beer, or a glass of wine, or even a shot of tequilla sometimes on the weekends when the kids are in bed. Does any of this affect the way I love my children? Hell No! Every bit of my heart and soul goes into those boys and NO ONE can try to tell me otherwise.

Quentinsmamma

Asked by Quentinsmamma at 3:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Wow.. whoever said that is a freaking dumbass!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• LOL that's funny. I guess 90% of the population must not love their children then. That's is the dumbest thing I have heard so far today.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Exactly!! I know what you mean.
    There are some freakishly mean women on CM who love to tell everyone that only THEY are right and that everyone else is a bad Mom.
    So immature.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If every bit of your heart and soul goes into your children you don't feel the need to try and convience others that it does. You are so busy being a good parent that you don't have to convience anyone. Just a thought.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• LOL is amusing when people "know" more about your feelings than you do. I have some chocolate this morning now I am so ashamed of myself
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ooooohhhhh you eat mcdonalds?????!!! I'm so jealous :D i know exactly where you are coming from though
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• HAHAHA !! I know why you posted this an I agree with you OP 100%, But your right just cause I do something thats bad for me doesnt mean I am a Bad Mom .
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 3:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Wow, I must Loath my kids completely...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• same here, I must not love mine, I smoke, (not in my house or car) , and I drink soda, (I do exercise) But I drink beer (when not pregnant) every weekend, at home with my hubby, and we BBQ, and I eat fast food! So do my kids...GASP. The fa ct is that some people cant fel goos sbout who they are unless they look at what others fail in ...but, its okay because ALmost everyone I know is not ike that, alot of it is peopel being who they wish they were while behind the computr...Thats a fact!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Actually my little guy is napping and the other's are at school and I hopped on here for a minute and saw the post that got me hot. Normally I don't even reply to things like that, but when someone that doesn't know anything about me tries to make me feel like less of a mother I get a little irritated. I'm not trying to convince anyone that I'm a good mother, because I already know I am everytime I look at my happy healthy beautiful little boys.
    Quentinsmamma

Comment by Quentinsmamma (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010