My birthday is on Thursday the 30th and my MIL wants to take me out for the day tomorrow...

I love her to death but she makes me crazy with her personal questions. They seem innocent but I am sure she is plotting my death. What can I do to avoid or redirect her personal questions?

4_28_bbboy

Asked by 4_28_bbboy at 3:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah i would still go but just tell her that you dont feel comfortable with the ?'s she ask
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Happy Birthday you share the exact same birthday as me :) Its your bday! If you dont want her to ask personal questions and generally dont like her say you have plans! If you do go give her one word answers and try changing the topic.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree with change the topic....Happy Birthday

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• o my changing the topic always ends up very weird. I guess she just has a memory that never quits. She re-asked me a question I dodged answering over 3 weeks ago. I love her and love being with her and going out with her but honestly I think she is a bored woman who has only me and my DH as company. LOL
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My birthday is today and my MIL tried to take me out...not happening! I instead got her to agree to dinner with my FIL and husband and the kids so their won't be those kind of moments! haha Good luck and happy birthday!!!!
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Thanks ladies I think I am going to risk it and go out!
    4_28_bbboy

Comment by 4_28_bbboy (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Change the topic, or if they are too personal, let her know that you don't feel comfortable sharing.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 4:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010