"gun show loophole"

The lastest info I could find was from April 09 and wasnt sure if anything had been done since. Is the gun show loophole closed now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Gun Show Loophole...No idea what your talking about!
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• With gun control, the gun show loophole allows people to purchase guns without background checks or a 3 day wait at gunshows
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 3:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oooh. Thats not good.
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 3:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• We have bought guns in a gun show and did have to do paper work, they check our back ground and the Government knows what guns we just bought!

What is the loophole you are taking about?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• You can not buy a gun if you do not do the paper work!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Please Google "gun-show loophole". Some states are different than others however there is still a problem in which some people are fighting to have it closed. Im not very informed, but I have came across it in my research paper, Thanks!
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 3:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There is no loophole. It is a lie put forth by the anti gun idiots. Any purchase has to follow state and federal laws whether in a store or a gun show.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• There most definitely is a loophole.  It vary from state to state ut it does happen.  Not everything is a conspiracy.  This does happen at gun shows.  I'm not sure if they have done anything about this,but they need to.  The Virgina Tech murderer got his guns because of the loop hole, and I'm sure their have been more, look it up.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The only gun control measure I will ever support is one that insists on gun control (defined as being able to hit what you aim at) is one that applies to everyone.

I would support any gun law that made a person prove they were capable of handling the weapon they were buying and that they could hit a target.

I would also support a mandatory death sentence for any crime that had a weapon used ~ any weapon. Guns, knives, baseball bats, rolling pins, squirt guns hidden in a shirt, a stapler, a spike heel, etc. ad nauseum. Given the number of cameras in businesses and along our streets, in parking lots, etc. this is reasonable. Take the power AWAY from criminals and give it back to the law abiding.

Gun issues are no different than abortion issues in all but one area ~ only abortion is guaranteed to kill. Otherwise, if you don't like guns, don't get one ... and stay out of other people's business.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010