Tupperware, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef, Premier Jewelry.....Go Away!?

I just have to know...Am I the only Mom out there who is sick of having parties for friends? I've been having parties for approx. 16 years. I love my friends and I'd like to support the endeavors and their sales totals to earn free things but I'm just plum partied out. I don't want to buy anything else..my house is full now thank you very much. How do I tell my friends politely...THANK YOU ~ BUT NO THANK YOU?

happy2bme7

Asked by happy2bme7 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Girl, I moved away and don't have to worry about this anymore. I haven't had a party in 15 years!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• just tell them you are tired of doing them, and you jsut don't want to. if they are really your friends they will understand.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:11 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Just say no... real friends are not going to be hurt and they certainly shouldn't be pushy. After all, you should by now know what they do for work!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• LOL! I'm sorry but OMG 16 years of having parties, Wow! I had my first and last party about 16 years ago and have been lucky enough to not really have too many friends who sell those things, thank goodness, whew! LOL! Just say No, I can't afford it right now...
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• OMG, I so know how you feel. I hate having parties. I started doing a no-reason ladies night out party. I hate making my friends buy things. I am currently having a pampered chef catalog party, Cause I HATE PARTIES. I commend you for saying so. I wish I had the guts to say so. Hey come to think of it, that is probably why they always ask me to come to their parties. Im not even gonna go to anymore! ARGH! Thanks....Good luck hun! Just be honest.. For all of us who cant tell our friends....NO!!!!
    ohiomommy77

Answer by ohiomommy77 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• If you were my friend I would want to know that you didn't want to have more parties. Being in on of those direct sales companies my philosophy is that my friends, church contacts and family help get me off to a good start and then they get lots of freebies. My sister has a kitchen full of products probably worth over $1500 and she wrote me 1 check in the last 9 years for $60. Just say 'no' and they should understand if they are truly your friend.
    Bunkobabe

Answer by Bunkobabe at 8:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I sell Pampered Chef, and If I was your friend, and you told me you didn't want to have a party...I would say alright...and contact someone else. I also got tired of having them...that's why I sell it now!!! Doing the show is the fun part!! Hopefully your friends have layed off!
    ChefBecki

Answer by ChefBecki at 7:56 PM on Feb. 20, 2009