Looking for dinner ideas

Ok, I have some pork chops, some acorn squash, some mixed veggies (yellow and green squash, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots), white rice and pasta...

Obviously, I don't need to use all the ingredients, but what could I make with some of those? I usually just cook the pork chops in the oven and serve them with veggies and rice or pasta. But that's getting a little boring. Any suggestions?

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You could grill or dry the chops...make a little gravy (if you fry them, use the left overs in the pan) and serve over white rice. Steam you some veggies for the side(s) and check out a recipe for homemade bisquits or homemade drop bisquits.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 4:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sorry - grill or FRY*
    CandyHorse

• Brown 4 to 6 chops in small amt. of shortening. Mix 1 c. rice with 1 1/2 c. water in a 9 x 13 pan. Stir in 1 envelope onion soup mix. Place chops on top of rice. Dilute 1 can cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 can milk and pour over top. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours, checking halfway through to see if rice needs more water.
    Serve with your choice of veggies.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010