how can i increase my lactation??

Hi,
i express milk but, in the last two days my lactation has dropped...I tried already some tea for lactation but it does n t seems to do much for me..any advices?

DavidsMommy85

Asked by DavidsMommy85 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i drink a protein drink ever morning i doubled my supply!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If you are basing your supply upon what you can pump, it's a bad measurement of your production. Most women can only pump 1 oz at a time but baby can get 6x's that out of you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• THX..Unfortunatelly my baby won t take the breast.........so i pump every two hours..wigh is excruciating...but i have to.
    DavidsMommy85

Comment by DavidsMommy85 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My bay is two months old-i produce about half a liter a day...sometimes more, sometimes less..
    DavidsMommy85

Comment by DavidsMommy85 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It is very difficult to maintain a milk supply by just pumping. Pumping every 2 hours sucks (LOL) but it shouldn't hurt. It so easy to breastfeed that it is worth it to try to work with someone to try and get your baby breastfeeding. You can call a La Leche League Leader or lactation consultant for help. Sometimes things that were an issue in the early days aren't a problem now that the baby is a litle older. For example if you had an epidural all the IV fluid makes your breasts swell and makes it hard for the baby to latch on. It should be in the epidural release form somewhere that you may have more problems breastfeeding. There are moms that can pump for 12 mo or longer.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Here is info about pumping and bottle feeding. This is sometimes called human milk feeding to set it apart from breastfeeding if you see that term.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/

Info on latching. You can always give it a try

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/start/basics/latch-resources.html

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010