Did you or anyone you know NOT know you were pregnant until you were further along than 8 months??

Lisa.Price

Asked by Lisa.Price at 3:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I worked for a lady once who found out about 2 weeks before the birth of her son and he was full term. She was a larger woman and it was during flu season, so she just figured she was gaining a few pounds and she had the flu.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do know someone who didn't know until about 6 weeks before her baby was born; I think she didn't test because she was in denial...afraid it was true. She was single and already had one child, and she was making plans to go back to school.

My friend's sister didn't know until after 6 months. She had gained a lot of weight with her previous pregnancy and was actually losing weight during the 6 months that she didn't realize she was pregnant.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I hear about this more and more all the time. I can't imagine NOT knowing, but after some of the stories on TV, etc, it's kinda scary! One lady had gone through a Tubal, so she never dreamed she was until they convinced her she really was in labor!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My ex's fiancee was about 8 months when she was hospitalized and lost the baby. I'm pretty sure she had an idea of the pregnancy but she claims she didn't. She lost the baby due to pre-eclampsia. The first time she got pregnant by my ex she chose to abort it. It's really sad because my son would have had a 1/2 sister if she had simply gone to the doctor for prenatal care.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My SIL went to labor not knowing she was...It was very shocking to get a phone call at around 10pm from my FIL saying that she just had a baby! But he is a fantastic, healthy, almost 2yr old!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 5:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• WoW! I think it's crazy to think that a women could actually not know.. And for the ones who were in denial? That's even crazier!
    Lisa.Price

Comment by Lisa.Price (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2010