What’s your favorite movie of all time and why?

Mom2Dano

Asked by Mom2Dano at 3:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Full Metal Jacket! Grew up watching it all the time.

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• Labyrinth...

It's been my favorite since I was a kid... Awesome! Fantasy, Mystery, Magic, Muppets, and a sexy David Bowie all in one!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The Sound of Music..Idk..It's just one of those movies I can never get tired of.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 3:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• the last unicorn. its fun, fantasy, good music . i can watch it over andover
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Ever After ( a retelling of Cinderella). There is just something about it...kind of magical in a way, and I love the romance of it. I love seeing a girl who has reached the bottom of life, just pull herself up and overcome all her adversities. She is optomistic in spite of what life has handed to her. She is strong-willed and not afraid to speak up for herself or for others who are unable to speak for themselves. There are times I wish I could be that kind of person.

Plus, I LOVE what she says to her stepmother in the end (pasted in the next reply):
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• [Rodmilla turns around and sees Danielle dressed like a Princess]
    Danielle: She is, after all, my stepmother.
    Rodmilla: [kneels] Your Highness.
    Henry: Marguerite, I don't believe you've met... my wife.
    Danielle: [to Rodmilla, smiling] I want you to know that I will forget you after this moment, and never think of you again. But you, I am quite certain, will think about me every single day for the rest of your life.
    Rodmilla: And how long might that be?
    Danielle: [looks up] All I ask, Your Majesties... is that you show her the same courtesy that she has bestowed upon me.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Labyrinth...

SAME HERE!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Coyote Ugly
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Boys N the Hood shows what life in the ghetto is really like trying to get out some make it most dont
    hiswifey0725

Answer by hiswifey0725 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• The Grapes of Wrath. I'm not sure why--it just really captured my attention.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 6:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010