What should be done if your SO goes behind your back an cuts your childs hair

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well I haven't ever thought about it because we discuss EVERYTHING before we do it..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Holy cow I would be beyond ticked off. Especially if it is something that we had been in the process of discussing or arguing about. I have no idea what I would do but it would not be a good situation.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'd be furious..time would have to let that one cool off!
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 3:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• um...i dont think i would care...it will grow back, and if he messed it up i would fix it.
    TiggerMom

Answer by TiggerMom at 3:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It wouldnt be a big deal to me if my husband cut my child hair because its his kid too.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• It is his child also, if there had been no real previous discussion then really what is there to be mad about.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Mine cut my 2 year old boys hair without discussing it with me...while I understood his reason I was still mad. He did tell me was going to get his hair cut ...but not when so I was totally unprepared and I thought we would actually talk about it first. Sort of thought it was a hollow threat.
    Our child had long blond hair with gorgeous ringlets...everyone admired our 3 beautiful girls. One too many such comments for dh...spelled doom for the hair!
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• If it really bothers you then you need to let him know so it won't happen again.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No but I left my five year old with my friend and her husband cut it. I promised to my son we would cut it when he was ready because he had been bald for three years of chemo he had some hair so they thought he should not have long hair and cut it. I came home and asked who said they could and they said no one had to tell us you wanted to do the right thing. I said doing the right thing for us would have been letting him decide when he was ready to cut it. They said that was childish and I said they were teaching my kid how to disrespect us because I said he could decide when and they just did not care what we wanted.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• My SO has done that plenty of times and I never got upset about it. Is your child a girl or was it a really drastic haircut? I guess that would make a difference. My sister left her daughter with her sister in law and she took it upon herself to cut her bangs really short and messed up her hair. My sis was not happy!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010