If I put my wedding dress in a space bag... Will it still turn yellow after time?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine is in a bag (it wasn't preserved) after 11 years and it is still as white as it was the day I got married.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 3:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• ..mine is just hanging in the garage in the bag they gave me at the bridal store. I'm waiting to see if we have a daughter. If so..then i may keep it..if not then i'm gonna turn it into a throw
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my dh's grandmother makes quilts...we were gonna ask her
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oh cool. I never thought about making it into a quilt. Let me know how it works out.
    Anyhoo...I had my preserved shortly after my wedding. They presrve somehow, put in bag, then in box. I kept mine to see if I had a girl and I'm on my 3rd boy. I've actually tried to sell it and I guess everyone wants a brand new dress when they marry. It's really beautiful. I might just keep it for a quilt now. TKS for the idea shay. I know someone on CM that makes quilts and I want her to make my boys a t-shirt quilt but now I have to add a wedding dress quilt to the list also.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 4:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yeah..i like the thought of having the quilt...even if we do have a daughter..what are the chances that she would want to wear my dress...it would be so old by the time she married..right? Most girls do want a new dress. that is true. i could always give her the quilt.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Wow how are you going to do that Shay1130?
    firethearson

Comment by firethearson (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Oh thats a great idea! Use your dress everyday instead of looking at it once every few years lol. I dont know if I'd be brave enough to cut mine up but I love the idea
    firethearson

Comment by firethearson (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2010