If you had no clothes for fall/winter what pieces would you buy and in what order?

I have zero fall/winter clothes and money wise I need to make every purchase count-as in multi-purpose/staple pieces. I thought I would consult my cafe mommas for advice on where to start.

Aberiah

Asked by Aberiah at 10:07 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Do you work? What is your dress code?
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• I am a stay-at-home mom however I will be going to college starting January.
    Aberiah

Answer by Aberiah at 10:10 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• A warm coat would be first. Something that you can wear with anything. Good shoes next, something you can wear anywhere. Several nice sweaters that you can wear with slacks or just jeans. Those are just a few ideas. I live in CA, and where I live it is very casual. People wear sneakers, flip flops, Ugg boots. Jeans are worn year round and nice ones are worn at work.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 10:20 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Great that is more fun. I would go with a few pairs of nice jeans, a pair of khakis.. a pair of black slacks, several sweaters, some long sleeve shirts and some short sleeves... I would tend to stay with mostly black and white core pieces and build color with your sweaters... Several sweatshirts, I prefer the zipper hoodies... a pair of tennis shoes, a pair of ugg style boots, a pair of heels..... Don't forget a comfy outfit for around the house...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:23 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• A great pair of dark jeans, a great wrap style dress, boots in a neutral color you will love (black, brown, camel), a light wool pair of pants in a color you love (they don't have to black or khaki! I personally love gray) and some great knit long sleeve shirts and/or sweaters. A long coat to wear over all of the above.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:32 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• If you have any resale shops, Goodwills in your area you can save over 1/2 the cost of new. A lot of stores donate to our local Goodwill (Target, JC Penny, Peerless Furniture) I know because I got brand new, tags still on, leather reclining sofa & reclining loveseat for $500 - they sold for over $1800 in the store! There was nothing wrong with it. My daughters have also picked up new shoes & clothes - check em out for someof the things mentioned in the other posts. Do we need to shop there - No but why waste your money when you can get some good stuff! You just need to take the time and look thru things :)
    Luvmycolliesx2

Answer by Luvmycolliesx2 at 2:10 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• There are a few key pieces I would suggest,
    1). dark colored jeans that make your behind look great.
    2). nice t-shirts and wrap shirts
    3). a nice crisp white button down
    4). a pair of nice slacks.
    5). A universal coat.
    6). a great pair of heels, (slingbacks look great with everything)
    mrscobb

Answer by mrscobb at 9:59 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Thank you all so much I am designing a master plan lol.
    Aberiah

Answer by Aberiah at 1:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• ooh well now you have to tell us what you get! =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• First, a great pair of jeans, then a nice jacket , boots then some neck wear such as a scarf, and some cardigans or long sleeved solids. Aim for Browns, blacks, khakis, earthy tones. get a nice flat boot such aas uggs and a heel boot too.
    siobhan0529

Answer by siobhan0529 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2008