How do I talk to my 6 yr. old son about open mouth kissing his playmates?

I just got a phone call today that one of the little girls told her mom that "XX makes me kiss him with my mouth open, and it's gross." I was crushed because I know it's the truth because she went on to say he calls it "a kiss like you can't see on TV" and I always make him close his eyes when they start kissing, and this little girls mom said she never says anything to her daughter about closing her eyes if they are just kissing.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I've told him before, no girlfriends... and ESPECIALLY, no kissing. What do I do??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jul. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Tell him that its wrong to kiss and touch when you are little, adults do that NOT little kids - just like driving, or having a job, or getting married all these are things only adults do and if he does this again he will get into lots of trouble - and make sure he does get punnished for repeat actions!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:59 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

vakatia

• My 5 yr old likes to hug his friends same sex or not when he sees them. His friends don't like it, I can tell. So I tell my son that hugging is only for family. Offer to shake hands or "give them the rock," you know...where boys touch fists knuckle to knuckle. That seems to have squelched the need to hug...same for kissing. Instead of telling him what NOT do do...tell him what he CAN do.
    shortcut

Answer by shortcut at 3:39 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• well u can tell him that maybe people don like that and explain that this is not very nice to anoy people , and tell him he can get sick or catch a cold if he did that with someone sick .
    and even if there was a scene in the tv u don like him to c
    change the channel or tell them come lets do somthing else
    cuz if u tell him to close his eyes he will be more and more curious ...
    fire

Answer by fire at 5:52 AM on Jul. 5, 2008