Is this okay for a pet?

My neighbors live in a split level house.. the upstairs has a deck on the back with no stairs... they keep their dog out there most of the day, especially when they leave. I see her pour food directly on the deck and I've seen the dog potty out there... there is poop all over the deck.. She does put a little carrier out there and he is outside during the rain sometimes. He cries and I feel so bad for him... What would you do?

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 10:12 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Pets

• I would call someone to take the dog, you can call anonymously. I can't stand to see people have pet's that are not being taken care of properly. Maybe they need a little help too, if you have time you can try and tell them you'll take the dog for a walk every once and a while. That's if you know them well, if not honestly I would call a non-kill shelter to come pick up the poor animal. It's probably suffering out there w/ the weather and has worm's from eating from the ground he relieve's himself in. Poor baby!! I have a bunch of pet's and can't help to think of those who don't live the life my pet's do..Hope everything goes well. If you have a chance keep me updated, I'm curious to know the outcome..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• But them a food bowl. Do they clean the poop everyday? Now that would bug me and I would complain about the poop smell ,not that the smell would bother me, but at least it would give them a reason to clean it up for the dogs sake.
    Anonymous

• yeah i would call animal control and have them decide what is best for the dog or tell them how you feel and that you would want to find a new owner for the dog. poor thing.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 21, 2008