Has Anyone Ever Eaten..?

...french fries fried in duck fat with black truffle salt? I saw them on Food Network yesterday and now I can't get them out of my mind!
By the by, a gallon of rendered duck fat costs $35 and black truffle salt costs $18 for 5.5 ounces. Good thing potatoes are cheap!
Stupid weird pregnancy cravings...

Fistandantalus

Asked by Fistandantalus at 3:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have no idea what ducj fat is or what truffle salt is but it all sounds fattening!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Sounds like expensive fries!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 4:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No but my husband and I were watching Iron Chef and the product they had to cook with was truffles. So now my husband is on a truffle kick and wants to get some. They are outrageously expensive so I hope he forgets about them soon.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• That does sound like it could be quite tasty, Fisty.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I have no idea what any of those ingredients are...other than the french fries. lol
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I am originally from Hungary and we used to eat bread smeared with duck fat all the time. It's basically the leftovers in the pan after you broil any kind of poultry. Super good with a little coarse salt and some fresh veggies on the side. I doubt I could digest it now. I might add, that our obesity rates are MUCH less than in America... I think it's because Hungarians eat more "real" fat instead of all the processed products.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2010