Paranormal Phenomena?

Do you believe in paranormal phenomena? Be it ghosts or demons or spirits or aliens. What are your religious beliefs/background? Have you ever had an experience that you would consider paranormal?

(THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO MAKE FUN OF ANYONE OR BASH ON ANY RELIGIOUS BELIEF. I simply am curious, so NO DEBATES THAT COULD POSSIBLY TURN NASTY!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, i believe in it. Have i experienced it? Not really. I have some stories from when i was a kid, but i now wonder if it was someone trying to scare us & having a huge laugh. I'm not scared of any of that stuff though. Even if i had ghosts, they would not bother me. I have the advantage of a physical body...hehehe.

I don't consider Aliens paranormal phenomena though. I'm good at math....and the probablilty that they exist is pretty darn high. The idea of Aliens seem very normal & natural to me.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• definitely believe in paranormal....umm, my stepdad died 8 yrs ago, and he stuck around for a while after he died....alot of things happened to my mom at thi time too..but i felt something literaylly sit on the edge of my bed (my room used to be his and my moms room, and he would always sit down on the edge of the bed to put his shoes on)..i saw his reflection in a window..he still comes around every christmas to check in (he died dec 7)...oh, and recently, when we were in vegas for vacation, we went on a haunted tour, and there was a renactment with a medium at the end of it that sat down and talked with us...she told us to think of a question to a loved one that had died, and think really hard about that person..i was in the back of the room,..kind of in the crowd of people, not really being noticed..anyway, she said, ok...someone is coming to me, it's male, name starts with an "r", and he's saying of course..CONT'D
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• my grandfather died when I was about 1. I have a memory of him which is pretty neat considering I was barely a toddler! Anyways, I saw him as a full body apparition when I was 13. So YES i believe in paranormal phenomena lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• of course i am.....there wasn't anything i could do....

randy was my stepdad's name...and he died of a massive heart attack, very quickly...

of course i didn't say anything bc i wasn't going to have my emotions and feeling that i still harbor from that be fed on by some medium. so yeah, i believe.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I do believe it happens, though I've never experienced it myself. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• oh...and my question, well i had two...were are you proud of me, and why did you have to die.....the medium said it was a male, name began with an r, and the energy was coming from the back of the room....yes, there very well could've been someone with a similar situation..but the same questions that seemed to flow together?
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I think we have guardians but, thats it :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 4:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Yes, I believe in it. I've experienced it from the age of 3 up to recently. I was raised Southern Baptist up into my teens, went through a period of agnosticism, and have been Pagan/Wiccan for about 13 years.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I've had a good bit of experiences with the paranormal, if you lived around here you would too. But I also believe that a vast amount of people are WAY to quick to label things paranormal. I've done some work with an PI team and the amount of things people label as paranormal when it's just normal would blow your mind.

I'm an Eclectic Pagan... And don't see anything as outside the realm of possibility - outside the realm of PROBABILITY, sure, but nothing is impossible!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I'm an Atheist and yes I believe:

My experiences are too numerous to list them all here, but I'll tell about a few of them:

The first and perhaps the most crazy, is something that happened to me when I was five. I slept in a toddler bed on the opposite side of the room as my mother's bed. Well, this one night, after she turned off the lights and got into bed, there were a pair of blood-red eyes staring at me from under her bed. They didn't blink and they were very close to the ground. Well, I was literally almost peeing my pants and started screaming.

My mother turned on the lights and the eyes disappeared. she looked under the bed and there was absolutely nothing there- not even a dust bunny! She turned off the lights and right away, there they were, looking at me again.

CONTINUED...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010