Is more than regular sex and masturbation okay during the first trimester? adult content

My Husband and I have had a major boost of sex drive since learning of our pregnancy. Although I enjoy immensely, I've read that too much sex and orgasm is bad for someone who isn't past their 14th week of pregnancy because Orgasm causes the Uterine Walls to spasm and is more likely to cause miscarriage. Does anyone have any insight on this?

GeminiMommy6116

Asked by GeminiMommy6116 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i had A LOT more orgasms after i learned i was preg than i ever have in my life....my sex drive went crazy! and everything turned out fine for me...if your OB or MW sees something that says your pregnancy may be fragile then they will put you on 'pelvic rest' which includes masturbation...sex, masturbation, and orgasms--IMO--are very healthy in a healthy pregnancy...just be sure to go pee afterwards and keep yourself cleaned up with mild soap and water because pregancy makes it easier to get UTI's and so does increased sex....GL!! have fun!! : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Unless your doctor tells you not to, then GO FOR IT!!! =D
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Unless told otherwise by your doctor sex is 100% safe at any time of your pregnancy. My fiance has a pregnancy fetish and is all over me!! I'm only 6 weeks along to so I'm not showing...lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• As long as you aren't high risk or your doctor hasn't told you to refrain from sex, it's fine. The body is designed to hold the fetus, not purge it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor/midwife, but I don't think this information is correct. Unless there is a reason (high risk pregnancies, etc) there isn't usually anything wrong with having lots of sex during any time during pregnancy.

And just FYI it is due to hormones..
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I would check with my Dr.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 4:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• check with your doctor..but normally sex isnt harmful to the baby
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my DD(she was my first)...my husband and I had sex all the time..the hormones were insane! My DD turned out just fine. As long as you aren't high risk, or the doctor hasn't warned you against it..go for it! It won't always be that way!!
    blueeyedbabyz

Answer by blueeyedbabyz at 9:50 AM on Sep. 28, 2010