19 months and still not sleeping through the night.

My 19 month child cries at night, it starts around 1 am to 3 am nightly and ends around 5 to 6 am. But that’s new, he has only sleep through the night twice since birth! He is teething (back molars), but I am giving him ambisol. I don’t know but I am not well and we can't do this much longer, it's getting really bad. Help please.

sdgd21

Asked by sdgd21 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would get him to the doc just be checked out as far as the teething is concerned- just to be safe. Also, do you have a routine? If you develop a routine it may help him realize that night time is all for sleeping. This helps also if you take into consideration naps- This could do two things-If you let him take a nap, don't do it too late in teh day because then he will treat bedtime like another nap. Next, if he does not take a regular nap everyday, he may be substituting bedtime for his nap. My youngest did this for a while. She didn't nap, and then at bedtime slept for a few hours and wanted to stay up the rest of the night
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:42 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• You should call the pediatricion and get him checked out. Have you tried Tylenol? and some warm milk before bed, even a bath. It can be anything maybe even an ear infection. If you take him and he's 100% then maybe it's the teething, give him the Tylenol. If nothing work's I honestly would let him cry it out a little. He probably know's that when he cries you'll be there right away. Let him be for a while...
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 10:48 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Mine is the same way lol. So i put a bed in her room and when she wakes up i just lay her next to me and we fall asleep again. If i happen to wake up i will put her back in her crib and go to my own bed.But sometimes its just nice to cuddle her lol. I NEVER CIO. Yes i have tried and it just killed me. Knowing all she wanted was me. Also this is the nightmare stage so start keepin all show friendly. Dont turn on the lights when he cries either. Use a night light so it doesnt wake him up more.

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 11:16 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Ibuprofen seems to work faster than acetominephin to me. One thing that I have learned, and this is just being human, is that when you are sleeping and you wake up in the middle of the night anything in your mouth especially your gums are going to be extremely sore whether its from teething, having a root canal, or just having your teeth pulled. you may want to have him checked though
    quinesha_87

Answer by quinesha_87 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 21, 2008