Is it normal to get shortness of breath?

I've been working as an Usher at a movie theatre from 7 months now. And in the last week, doing my job has been a burden. I feel short of breath or as if I've been running a marathon. I feel heaviness in my chest and arms.. and all I want to go is sit down and sleep. I'm old 6 weeks into my pregnancy. Is this normal?

GeminiMommy6116

Asked by GeminiMommy6116 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it's very normal. Your body is absolutely exhausted!! During the early and late parts of your pregnancy are when it's worst. Try to take it easy on yourself; you're building another little person in there! :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• yes that is very normal! i worked about 6 hours as a cashier (only standing little walking) and when i got home all i did is sleep, my days off i slept too, im almost 16 weeks so its alittle better! body is going thru alot of changes, relax as much as possible :)
    Heather0583

Answer by Heather0583 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• i am 30 weeks (in 2days) and it takes about all i have to walk to the car. I am not big and I have never had an issue with shortness of breath unless i ran miles.. its normal though, i live by my WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING book. it helps me know what is normal and what i should discuss with my doctor
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010