Are your own families and friends divided or united on how they are voting in this election?

I just read an interesting article that says most people will tend to vote the way they were raised in whichever party their parents supported....any comments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Oct. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I have found that my husband and I are on the same wave length. We have only been married for one year and four months, but we feel the same way about the elections going on. We pretty much like the same people.
    Teddy141

Answer by Teddy141 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• UNITED!!

McCain/Palin alllllll the way!
    LetsRoll

Answer by LetsRoll at 11:21 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• No, I don't care how my parents vote, I vote how I see appropriate for my family and that is McCain/Palin! I am very conservative, so they fit the bill.
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 11:28 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Well, see we are divided because we all are free thinkers. However, contrary to CM sensibilities we don't punch each other in the face on a min to min basis.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 11:35 PM on Oct. 21, 2008

• Divided ... most of my family are democrats , but I am not.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• We are all for Obama this is the only year we have all talked about it and are all getting out there to vote. My mom just votes for the individual not the party, this is my first year voting but i like that way too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My husband and I, my family and my hubby's dad are all Obama supporters and the rest of my hubby's family are McCain supporters. This is not causing nearly as much drama as the fact that my best friend of 20 years is a newly staunch conservative republican and I am and have always been a very liberal democrat. It makes for some very interesting conversations and recently we went a whole 2 weeks without speaking to one another. I'll be glad when this is all over.
    Elicia35

Answer by Elicia35 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• My entire family is voting for McCain. It's not like we all got around and decided "Hey let's vote for McCain" but upon having conversations with each other we realized that we are all voting for McCain.

I do have one aunt that was planning to vote for Hilary because she's a women and now she's voting for McCain because of Palin. I think that's a stupid reason to vote for someone and wish that she was better educated on the issues but at least that's one more vote for McCain!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• my parents pretty much vote straight ticket republican no matter what and many of my in-laws do the same.
    we just try to avoid talking politics.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:57 AM on Oct. 22, 2008

• I vote for the individual and not the party too, and I am still voting with my party. Everyone I know is voting for Obama.
    averillholistix

Answer by averillholistix at 3:21 AM on Oct. 22, 2008