Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

field trips/school i don't have the money to pay for her to go....

the form says... for informational purposes only: there is a cost of $10 per student for this activity. Any voluntary contribution you would like to make is greatly appreciated. Please be assured that excpt for lack of signed permission, no students will be denied the opportunity to attend, nor will they be penalized for failure to contribute.


Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • It means that it doesn't matter if everyone pays, if you sign and return the slip your child will go and will be treated equally as those who did contribute. The students will have no idea who paid and who didn't. If you can contribute some, do that. If you can not, don't worry. Put the form in an envelope and return.

    Answer by khedy at 12:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

  • If you can't afford to pay and the form states that you don't need to pay, you don't need to worry. However, you should contribute something. Perhaps you can paperclip a dollar to the form when you return it, to help with the cost of her getting the experience of the field trip.

    Answer by Gaccck at 4:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • IT means she/he can still go without you paying. I would send a dollar.

    Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • She can go, you don't have to pay if you can't . Like the first poster said, send a dollar along to help with the signed permission slip.

    Answer by missingruth at 5:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • It means they won't stop her from going if you can't pay. I'd sign the permission slip and send at least a dollar. It's only fair. She's getting the benefit of the field trip, you should make some effort to contribute.

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • does that mean if you don't have the money you don't have to pay

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • If you cannot afford it and it is a public school, there should be funds to take care of it. I would put the permission slip in an envelope so that you child does not have to be embarrassed.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 5:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • I would talk to her teacher. But it states if you cant pay she should still be able to go.

    Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

  • I would not worry about it from what you read it sounds like you do not need to pay if you do not have the money.

    Answer by jshimmy at 9:46 AM on Sep. 28, 2010