whats a good hand held game system for a toddler?

My son loves games. I was thinking about getting a hand held game system for xmas or his 3rd birthday next year(great for travel or long waits) . The Leapster ones might be confusing since a stylus has to be used. Any recommendations?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son's both have the old GameBoy Colors. They love them. There are lots of kids games too - and because they are "old" you can get them for next to nothing online. Plus, if they break them, it's not a huge deal because they aren't expensive to replace.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• V-tech. They have a reader one tells stories and you can download more, least that's what the commercial says LOL
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• stepho345 do you know what it's called?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 8:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• No I think its a V-Tech reader. It looks small but chunky good for little hands :)
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I just got my son a Mobigo by V-tech. It's slightly less expensive than the Leapfrog Explorer (as are the games), but there's definitely less games out than for the Explorer. (Although my son is happy with the game it came with, plus Toy Story.) It doesn't have a stylus like the Explorer, but it's also touch-screen and has a slide-out keypad.

That said, my son also plays with my Nintendo DS, and I'm surprised at how easily he's learning how to use the stylus.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• leap frog
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:58 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• my dd (27 months) has been using my ds for about a year. she is able to play games on it, but not without a little help from me or dh. i am interested in getting her something more age appropriate. i'll have to check back on the responses you get.

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• That said, my son also plays with my Nintendo DS, and I'm surprised at how easily he's learning how to use the stylus. --phoofy

isn't it amazing?! that was the topic of discussion last thanksgiving! everyone was amazed at how well my dd was able to maneuver things with the stylus!

kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 28, 2010

• leapster
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010