What do you think of when you hear the word "wicca"

After hearing some of the misconceptions out there i'm curious what the people i talk to everyday on here know/ think about when they hear that someone is wiccan.

wildwiccan83

Asked by wildwiccan83 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think of the smell of my local New Age store, and the incredible sense of peace I feel when I walk inside. I think of tall trees and long grass, drums and voices raised in celebration. I think of friends and circles and candles and the feeling of safety and awe I get when my Creator comes to me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Well, I guess it would depend on the context of the word... I'm Pagan though, I've studied Wicca... So, I'm usually the one arguing against the misconceptions...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Being honest. I think of witches and devil worshipers. not trying to be rude AT ALL, but thats just the first thing that comes to my mind.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 5:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Hmmmm, well since part of my family is wiccan I would say very nice people that are misunderstood most of the time.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When I used to be Christian, I thought the same as the rest. I thought they were evil, devil whorshipers who would cast spells on people and sacrifice animlas/people. Now that I have left that path, I think of them more as people who believe in the poser of nature and who may even practice witchcraft.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• I just think witchcraft
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Witch religion???????????Or something like that.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• When I was attending a Baptist Church I would have told you that they were devil worshipers who sacrificed babies and drank their blood. I wish I was joking... I was terrified! lol. Now I think more about someone who believes in multiple gods/godesses, the power of nature and may do some basic spells... TO be honest I don't know how far off I am...I would like to learn more. It seems like it is one of those things that is different to everyone like there are only loose rules. I would like to sit and chat with someone and ask questions...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• Alysia_Moore- i'm not taking offence to any answers i get. I asked this question to get honest responces and that means getting ones i don't agree with as well. Thank you for being honest.

wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2010

• But_Mommie - you may ask me anything you like just send me a message.
    wildwiccan83

Comment by wildwiccan83 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2010